1. How long have you been creating content? And what is it mostly about?
I’ve been creating content ever since I was 18 and I am 25 now. It’s been a long ride indeed. My content is very mixed based. There’s health and fitness, inspiring the public with my journey, skincare, sex education, and the list goes on. I am also an advocate when it comes to body positivity, and mental health.
2. Did you expect your modeling career to grow so fast? How did you feel when it did?
No, I never did. Honestly, modeling was never in my list of career options. But after my weight loss transformation, and winning my first crown for Miss Selangor, everything moved really fast. It was very overwhelming as I was very young.
3. What do you hope to achieve as a model? What change do you want to make in the world?
There are a lot of stereotypes when it comes to modeling, and I want to be that one model that changes it. I am all about embracing your body, and loving yourself. Being “perfect” is definitely not it. Together with my weight loss, there came a lot, such as excess skin, stretch marks and so much more. I received my fair share of backlash in the industry because of it. But that has never stopped me from doing what I love. And I want to encourage every other woman to chase their dreams regardless.
4. How did your friends and family feel about the content you produce?
My friends and family have always been supportive. Maybe at the beginning my mum was a little skeptical, but my dad always pushed me to do what I love. They say they find it super inspiring as I touch on many topics.
5. What would you want to say to all the Malaysians following your content?
Thank you for believing in me. This is a journey that we are on together. If my content has inspired you in any way, I am very grateful. Always remember to follow your dreams and do what you love. Let no one hold you back.
6. Could you please give a short testimonial on SushiVid? What was your experience like with us?
Sushivid has been an incredible platform. I’ve met many amazing people through Sushivid. Their campaigns are fun and unique. Overall, they are definitely my favorite bunch to work with.
If you are inspired by Joanna's story and would love to engage her for your campaign, contact us HERE.
More about Joanna: