Get to know Jia Le Woh: Passionate chef who cooks Halal Chinese food
Posted on May 29, 2023
1. What inspired your content creator career after being a chef?
I studied in a Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan. I have also worked in a 5-star hotel during my "chef journey". That's how I met the different races in Malaysia. People keep asking me about some cooking techniques or knowledge about Chinese dishes, and I wanted to tell them efficiently. So, I tried creating videos and started posting them online through social media platforms. I'm really glad that people like it.
2. How has the experience of being a content creator been so far? What do you enjoy about it?
It was a refreshing experience for me. My favourite part is that I could interact with other people. In real life, I can only interact with one person face to face. But with the help of social media, I can interact with a lot of people at the same time with a video.
3. What encouraged you to focus on Halal Chinese food? What do you hope to achieve with the content you produce?
I honestly feel that there isn't much Halal Chinese food here, so I hope that I could use the help of social media to spread the culture and the methods to cook Halal Chinese Food.
4. How did your friends and family feel about the content you produce?
My friends and family really support me. They hope that I could teach people how to make the dishes and spread the Chinese food culture at the same time.
5. What would you want to say to all the Malaysians following your content?
I really appreciate everyone's support. Also, thanks for bearing with my broken Malay on video. Moreover, everyone is teaching and correcting the mistakes I made. I'm really glad to be able to learn in a cheerful atmosphere.
If you are inspired by Jia Le Woh’s story and would love to engage him for your campaign, contact us HERE.
More about Jia Le Woh:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CHEFJIA
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/jialewoh_cookingversion/
Tiktok - https://www.tiktok.com/@jialewoh
Post a Comment